I'm stumped. I'm not so sure what is the answer to your question. I'll do some poking around and get back to you if I got an good answer. You should email the people at Nutrisystem as they probably know..
Welcome aboard! Be sure to call and speak to a Counselor (1-800-585-5483, option 5) and go over your program with him/her. They help you get started off right..
Below I have listed some of the important things you will need to know as you start your NutriSystem journey:.
1. Eat all of your food (mark all of the circles in your Menu Planner) and then stop (and, if you are buying from QVC, you may have a slightly different plan or different food from people buying directly from NutriSystem);.
2. If you are a woman with under 100 pounds to lose, you only get a Low GI Carb with an entree that calls for a small roll or tortilla, then you add a multi-grain or whole-wheat roll (or any of the Carb selections) of between 80-120 calories (or 45 calories' worth of bread or melba toast for the chicken salad). If you have over 100 pounds to lose (man or woman, any plan), you add a Low GI Carb to both Breakfast AND Dinner and an extra fruit serving to lunch;.
3. Read the instructions and information on all of the food packages (see #2);.
4. The milk for the cereal is NOT counted as your Protein/Dairy serving for breakfast, but is part of the entree itself. You still need to add your Dairy/Protein serving if your plan calls for it.;.
5. Your dairy/protein serving should be 100 calories or less, 3g fat or less and 7g protein or more (but you can go as high as 120 calories once per day for yogurt, if necessary to meet the minimum protein requirements);.
6. Have a dairy/protein serving with your fruit to avoid sugar (carb) spikes from the fruit alone that happens to some people;.
7. Drink ALL of your water (64 oz. minimum), and you can count Crystal Light and decaf teas as PART of your water intake, but try to have as much plain water as you can;.
8. If you choose to imbibe alcoholic drinks, you could slow your weight loss and become dehydrated and end up munching snacks when you shouldn't, but you are an adult and it is a personal choice (just count it as completely empty calories and don't skip any food to make up for it);.
9. If you can exercise, DO...just walking is excellent, but do as much as you can;.
10. NO, we do not know how FAST you will lose (even though average, healthful weight loss is approximately 1-2 pounds per week, long term, and is quoted by the Dietitians as being average on NutriSystem after the typical first whoosh of loss by some);.
11. The people on the Discussion Boards are your friends...here to help you, motivate you, and kick your butt when necessary...don't be afraid to ask questions, but if you don't like the answers you get, well, those answers are based on the knowledge and experience of the responder. Ummm, like, don't shoot the messenger, y'know?.
12. You can have up to three (3) "free foods" per day, just not at the same time. A free food is anything 20 calories or less, which includes a Sugar Free Popsicle (15 calories), Sugar Free Jello (10 calories), Sugar Free Gum...anything that you want to take the edge off those munchie times..
13. You may (just may, not always) get GAS...some members refer to them as the NutriToots. Beano and/or Gas-X seems to help..
14. Be sure to read and study the MINDSET MAKEOVER under the MY PROGRAM tab above. It really does help you get your head around this lifestyle change..
Just as an example, here is my typical day for a Woman who is on the 1250-1350 calorie a day plan (under 100 pounds to lose). If you have over 100 pounds to lose, you add even more food (carbs with breakfast and dinner and a fruit to lunch):.
NutriSystem Low-Fat Granola mixed with 3/4 cup blueberries and 8 oz yogurt for a Breakfast Parfait (Entree/Fruit/Dairy or Protein) The Granola can be eaten first with 1/2 cup milk (that is not the Dairy/Protein serving, it goes with the cereal), then have the fruit and yogurt an hour or so later (I have 7-8 "meals" a day doing this)..
NutriSystem Lunch Entree or Bar, Small Can Sodium-Free V-8 Juice or a HUGE Mixed Green Salad with FF dressing, 1/2 cup FF Cottage Cheese or a small, 80 calorie can of Tuna (Entree/Salad/Protein or Dairy). I usually have the salad, then the bar about an hour later..
Small Apple and String Cheese (Fruit/Protein or Dairy).
NutriSystem Entree (different one each night, I usually only repeat an entree 2-3 times a month, but you can have the same thing more frequently if you like), 2 Servings of Veggies (usually broccoli and cauliflower for me, but any veggies you like...remember, however, that peas and corn are carbs, not veggies), Mixed Green Salad with 0 Calorie Walden Farms Dressing.
NutriSystem Double Chocolate Almond Cookie or Dessert Bar with 1 Teaspoon Peanut Butter (Dessert/Fat)..
Raw celery and zucchini to munch on if needed, SF Popsicle, SF Jello, also..
You can eat up to 3 servings of "free foods" of under 20 calories each per day. Even 1 cup of air-popped popcorn works..
I generally keep on hand a bag of Mixed Greens salad, a box of sliced mushrooms, zucchini, broccoli, string cheese, yogurt, cottage cheese, apples, bananas and frozen blueberries..
You will also need to drink at least 64 oz. of water a day...
Thank you for all the input!.
I can't wait to get started!..
Is there a difference in pickled beets and cooked beets, the booklet just says beets. also I seasons vinegar, water and oil (olive) okay for salad...
I meant itialian seasons pkgs. which makes water, vinegar, olive oil, and itialian spices. my 1st day. trying to get it right at the start...