Good question... I dunno what is the answer to that question. I'll do some research in Google and get back to you if I find an answer. You should email the people at Verisign as they probably know..
I've just tried adding the module file names manually via the Installed Modules dialogue in Module options (where it says "List of payment module filenames separated by a semi-colon. This is automatically updated. No need to edit. (Example: cc.php;cod.php;paypal.php)"..
This worked temporarily, bringing the payment options back allowing me to successfully process a couple of orders,.
But it doesn't seem to stick - the automatic update appears to kick and reset the values to blank, and I'm back to square one.....
Nor have I any experience with that version. It should be replaced by the latest version so that all of the current security and updates are done (I know we are all hanging out for the next version, but...)..
In the interim, remove any payment modules and backups of any sort that are not used (just delete them)...
Thanks for your replies folks.
Quite right Geoffrey, this how it looks after I added the file names manually..
However, after I click onto any of the module admin pages,.
The info I added manually gets deleted for that set of modules..
If this is the behaviour, then I might be able to keep the shop running (taking care not to open those pages) while I work on an upgrade in the background (you're absolutely right about upgrading Coopco, I guess it's something I've shied away from as the customisation to our shop (which was done by someone else) will make it complex. It is well overdue though and this is probably a sign that I should get on with it!).
Thanks again for you replies, if anyone has any further thoughts on this, I'd really like to hear them!..
Why are there 3 module installed lines..
What does the description say on the other 2..
My thought is that 2 need to be deleted using phpmyadmin..
(take a backup)..
They all have different descriptions. There's one line each for file sets from payment, order total and shipping modules. I think that's how it's supposed to be - I don't want to delete anything random without further knowledge, as it does seem to work with those three lines..
I have backups (two, one daily, one fortnightly), but they haven't helped. I suspect this fault might have been present for some time, but I've only just discovered it. The problem only seems to be happen when I click on one those module admin pages, as I described above, and I haven't even looked at those for years, so there's every chance that my back ups have unwittingly incorporated the fault over time..
The store is working again now, and (I think!) should continue to do so if I keep out of those admin pages. It's not a perfect fix and I'd still like to understand the root cause, but if it keeps going while I build a new store, that'll have to do I guess. Thanks for your help..
This post has been edited by.
: 17 January 2009, 15:59..