Welcome aboard! When you receive your food, be sure to call and speak to a Counselor (1-800-321-8446, Option 4) and go over your program with him/her. They help you get started off right.
Below I have listed some of the important things you will need to know as you start your NutriSystem journey:.
1. Eat all of your food (mark all of the circles in your Menu Planner) and then stop (and, if you are buying from QVC, you may have a slightly different plan or different food from people buying directly from NutriSystem);.
2. If you are a woman with under 100 pounds to lose, you only get a Low GI Carb with an entree that calls for a small roll or tortilla, then you add a multi-grain or whole-wheat roll (or any of the Carb selections) of between 80-120 calories (or 45 calories' worth of bread or melba toast for the chicken salad). If you have over 100 pounds to lose (man or woman, any plan), you add a Low GI Carb to both Breakfast AND Dinner and an extra fruit serving to lunch;.
3. Read the instructions and information on all of the food packages (see #2);.
4. The milk for the cereal is NOT counted as your Protein/Dairy serving for breakfast, but is part of the entree itself. You still need to add your Dairy/Protein serving if your plan calls for it.;.
5. Your dairy/protein serving should be 100 calories or less, 3g fat or less and 7g protein or more (but you can go as high as 120 calories once per day for yogurt, if necessary to meet the minimum protein requirements);.
6. Have a dairy/protein serving with your fruit to avoid sugar (carb) spikes from the fruit alone that happens to some people;.
7. Drink ALL of your water (64 oz. minimum), and you can count Crystal Light and decaf teas as PART of your water intake, but try to have as much plain water as you can;.
8. If you choose to imbibe alcoholic drinks, you could slow your weight loss and become dehydrated and end up munching snacks when you shouldn't, but you are an adult and it is a personal choice (just count it as completely empty calories and don't skip any food to make up for it);.
9. If you can exercise, DO...just walking is excellent, but do as much as you can;.
10. NO, we do not know how FAST you will lose (even though average, healthful weight loss is approximately 1-2 pounds per week, long term, and is quoted by the Dietitians as being average on NutriSystem after the typical first whoosh of loss by some);.
11. The people on the Discussion Boards are your friends...here to help you, motivate you, and kick your butt when necessary...don't be afraid to ask questions, but if you don't like the answers you get, well, those answers are based on the knowledge and experience of the responder. Ummm, like, don't shoot the messenger, y'know?.
12. You can have up to three (3) "free foods" per day, just not at the same time. A free food is anything 20 calories or less, which includes a Sugar Free Popsicle (15 calories), Sugar Free Jello (10 calories), Sugar Free Gum...anything that you want to take the edge off those munchie times..
13. You may (just may, not always) get GAS...some members refer to them as the NutriToots. Beano and/or Gas-X seems to help..
14. Be sure to read and study the MINDSET MAKEOVER under the MY PROGRAM tab above. It really does help you get your head around this lifestyle change..
Welcome Aboard!! I am getting ready to celebrate my 46th birthday. I started the program on August 11th and so far so good. I find it helps that all the meals are planned out, you still have to buy your veggies and fruit. Drink plenty of water. Keep us posted and Happy Birthday.
I just ordered my food 2 days ago. I am 53 and need to drop about 70-75. There is great support on this website. Browse around, there are great chat rooms also. People on here are great, very friendly and helpful. I really think this is what will keep me going when I want to quit.
At least that is what I hope to find here, and it seems like I will. Good luck to you and all of us..
Stick to the program - use the support of the boards- and you will find this the easiest and most satisfying way to lose weight in the world!.
This Wed will be my second weigh in and so far I love everything about NS!.
I just started Aug 20. I'm also in my 40's and got tired of feeling like I'm in my 80's. I've tried many other things and decided that I simply cannot have total control over what I eat. So I finally tried NS. I've lost 5 pounds since Friday! I know it's water and bloat, but I don't care! It's GONE, lol!.
I've spent a lot of time this weekend lurking and doing a little posting, too. Welcome!.
Pam, you are amazing. Thank you so much for you advice/information. I have copy, pasted and printed it so I can easily go to it when I have a question. I really do believe that I have finally found the weight loss program that will work for me. Thank God.
Just know the program does work!.
Everybody body works on it's own time schedule, so if you follow the program as closely as you can the weight will come off. It has no choice..
I lost 132 pounds and for the most part it came flying off. I did have a few stalls for weeks where the scale didn't budge even though I was completely faithful to the program. When I measured myself I had lost inches and my body was reshaping itself..
Personally, I didn't put any time limits on myself for when I wanted the weight to be gone. I just kept at it, day in, day out and I was thrilled that Nutrisystem made me a loser..
It can do that for you too!.
1) Always listen to Pam, she knows EVERYTHING..
2) Believe the program. It isn't wrong, too many of us have succeed by FOLLOWING the program while watch those who know "better" change things and struggle..
3) Water, water, water, water, water..
4) Come here to the forums. Be honest and be proud. Never hide your achievements, challenges or struggles. Everyone is inspired by the successes posted here. We all NEED to hear your success to help our own journeys...don't ever be modest. On the flip side, we have all been where you are when things aren't as rosy and can empathize with you and re-energize you..
5) Have fun! A positive attitude really does make the whole journey that much more rewarding. Laugh about the constant need to visit the loo and desperate nead for Beano..
6) Exercise. It really doesn't matter what you do....as long as you move as much and as often as you can doing something that you really enjoy. For many of us the exercise not only accelerates the weight loss, but boosts our positivity and changes our whole lives..
Welcome aboard and enjoy the journey!.
Hi newbies - Welcome! Whether you need to lose 40 of 140 pounds, Nutrisystem will do the job. Pretty soon your 47-ish body will be looking like a hot mamma of 35! and feeling even better than that!.
Ya just gotta love NS....