I would like to know the answer too. Anyone here know what is the answer. I'll do some poking around and get back to you if I bump into an anything. You should email the people at Nutrisystem as they probably can answer it..
Congratulations. Loosing inches is what it is all about. It sounds like you are doing a fantastic job following the program. I wish you much continued success...
Way to go thats awesome!!!! I love reading all your posts about gaining muscle even though your not losing weight on a scale. You have taught me a lot. I am going to start measuring myself. I started lifting weights 2 nights a week. I could not before due to health issues. I already feel more toned.
Due to how loose my clothes feel. Down 32.
I am sure I will not see the scale moving down as fast now but I will take muscle and being toned any day over that. Yippie I am fit what else as far as proteins and dairy do you eat ?What is your average meals like a day ?
Ways to Try to Break a Plateau:.
First, know thatNutrisystemdoesn't call it a plateau until you've gone more than two weeks with 0 weight loss. You can't expect to lose weight every week. You might, but if you don't, it isn't cause for alarm. If it has been over 2 weeks, here are some things to try:.
1. Switch your dinner meal with your lunch meal. That includes add-ins..
2. Choose only "hard" proteins for your add-ins. These are meats and fish. And perNutrisystemguidelines, you can be eating 100 calories of meat if you choose that for your dairy/protein. It should be AT LEAST 7 grams per protein serving (more is better), but no more than 3 grams of fat. Are you getting enough protein in?.
3. Increase your Exercise minutes and try a different activity..
4. In rare cases, you might need to add.
Protein serving to up your calories. This is most often true when someone is working out a lot. Not many of our 50+ women fall into that category. I would NOT try adding calories (beyond the 100 protein calories) without talking to anNutrisystemcounselor. See item 2 instead..
5. Drink MORE real water!.
6. If you have been strictly following theNutrisystemplan, try going out to eat and ordering a simple fish or chicken meal no sauces. Add veggies, salad, and a carb like whole wheat roll or brown rice (see the low GI Carb list). Carefully watch your portion. Your chicken or fish should only be about the size of a deck of cards..
7. Choose different add-ins than your usual..
8. Are you following the plan EXACTLY? Lots of the fancy things that people add to jazz up their food add up to significant calories. Sometimes going back to basics helps..
9. Are you drinking alcohol at all? That cancels out your progress for the week IMO. I did it occasionally while losing, and I could sure tell the difference in a lot of ways. Avoiding alcohol is really a good idea during the weight loss phase. I've found even in maintenance that I rarely drink any more. Your tastes change once you get healthy!..
- I'm not calling it a plateau. I know for a fact that I am building muscle at a very similar pace to losing fat. TheNutrisystemfood is working very well in keeping me fueled and satisfied. As long as I continue to shrink, build muscle and see body changes, I really don't care about the scale. The only reason why I keep getting on it is to get another bear because my red one is lonely and wants a big sister..
Thanks for posting the information - it is always good for everyone to see...